(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

02 June, 2006

Illustration Friday: Portrait 2


This is a small maquette I created to help me with illustrating this little guy. He was inspired by a sketch I did for Illustration Friday: Spotted. I'm writing several stories about him, and it's based loosely off what I was like as a kid. I hope they see the light of day.

Sculpey, 4" tall

9 Comments:

Blogger Katarina said...

he is so adorable!
very good work!

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so right, it´s also difficult for me, i always want to make another line ;)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Mike Thompson said...

Reminds me a little of Rusty the Boy Robot by Frank Miller and Geof Darrow. Cool sculpt! I'd like to see the painted version.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Rocco said...

Do I detect the somewhat fleshy tones of Super Sculpy? I love that stuff.

Very nice!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

He's very cute, reminds me of my own two little boys.

1:35 PM  
Blogger carla said...

He's sooo cute! Aside from the wonderful face, I love the hands.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He is TOO CUTE!! Love the design!! AWESOME!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Nancy S. Miller Illustration said...

He's adorable. He has such personality. You just want to hear him speak. Great job!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Kactiguy said...

Looks familiar. Could make for a good character in book. It was fun having you in my class and finally putting a face with the name. I hope you learned a lot. I know I did. Get that story finished and sent out. It'll be cool.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home