(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

31 May, 2006

Illustration Friday: Cake


I just received a Disneyland annual pass holder's newsletter all about the updated Pirates of the Caribbean opening soon. I was so inspired by the artwork I just had to draw a pirate. This sketch was just to work out the composition of a much more elaborate illusration full of scandal and treachery. I just couldn't find the time to complete it, so I just colored up the sketch here, and I'm calling it good.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sorrel Sparks said...

Wow, this is wicked! Really nice textures and rich colours. Love it! You're site is really cool.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Susan Mitchell said...

A cake fit for a scallywag skeleton pirate - very nice!

7:06 AM  
Blogger roz said...

It's brilliant.
A pirates life for me, yo ho!
My favorite ride at Disneyland!

8:29 AM  
Blogger juliemc said...

lovely-aargh :o)

8:42 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Always does my heart good to see you drawing dead things Garth! I like this one- it has a slight touch of Marc Davis to it with the dry watercolorish look to it. Is there anything cooler than a skeleton pirate??? I don't think so!!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger CRISTOSOVA said...

Just great!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home