(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

16 March, 2006

Illustration Friday: Tattoo

This illustration kinda took on a life of its own, and kept growing and growing! I didn't even get a chance to ink it in and color it before Friday, so a sketch is all I have so far. You gotta click on the image to see it larger so you can read all the signs posted on the walls, and I'm sure I'll come up with more before I finalize the thing. I'm just having too much fun with this one!

And here are the inked version, and the colored version. It didn't quite turn out like I'd hoped, but my free time is very limited, and I need to leave it so I can post it. So... here ya go!

20 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

This is a very fun piece. I would love to see it inked in. Great job!

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great. I laughed when I read all the posters on the wall. Would love to see it in color!

8:29 AM  
Blogger roz said...

THIS is HILARIOUS. You have to take it to finish when you have some time!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Geninne said...

This one's my favorita by far...it just cracked me up, how'd you come up with so many hilarious details????
Awesome, awesome!!!
Please put some color on it...
Fabulous...

9:23 AM  
Blogger georg said...

marvellous! Every animal has their own personality - great!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Very cool Garth! I can tell this is gonna be a winner when you finish it up... Will have to log on to AIM and tell you a story about some old art I found in my files last night... Gave me a good chuckle!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Kim de Young said...

oh GB, your illustration is wonderful! I love all of the detail. the sign to the head is hilarious.

11:18 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

this is incredible! love the bone through the tongue! Great detail!!!

12:23 PM  
Blogger steve said...

This is too cool garth! I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this drawing. Post it when you finish sometime please.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

awesome! great great work!!!! I love all the details :D so much fun!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful! I love all the background jokes... and foreground jokes. :-) I'm sure there are some ideas that you didn't put in there as well. I love it. Would like to see the final version someday.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

fun beautiful drawing!! Would love to see it colored! :)

4:56 PM  
Blogger lil kim said...

That's hilarious! You made me laugh out loud. I love all the characters and especially the look on the cow's face. Thanks for posting!

12:28 AM  
Blogger constanthing said...

This is such an enjoyable piece, I'm sure the colored version would be even more fabulous.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

How very clever! I love the signs and the flames on the giraffe. Hope you get time to ink and color it!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Garth,

Thanks for letting me know that you updated this illustration! The coloring is awesome! It brought out so many things that I missed like the flames on the giraffe, the bone through the dogs tongue, and didn't put it together that the cow had a mohawk. Very ingenious thinking with the different animals. I love it! BTW, what size is it?

7:24 PM  
Blogger roz said...

ROFL!
I'm seeing things that I didn't catch in the sketch face. Like the pierced udder. hahahaha! Fab, Garth! This would make a great tshirt. I can even picture it as a poster in a tatoo parlor, can't you?? haha!

7:59 PM  
Blogger steve said...

WoW!!!! LOve it!!!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome, so funny! love being able to see it in colour, too. Great job!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Catnapping said...

rofl! I love the posters on the wall!

gotta go? hehehehehe

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home