(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

03 March, 2006

Illustration Friday: Insect

Well, I suppose this would be a good time to present what I've been working on the last 10 months. I've had to keep it under wraps until now, and Illustration Friday gave me the perfect opportunity to give it a proper debut! If you'd like to purchase these fun little garden tools and accessories, go to Insect Lore's online store!

And now, Introducing...



And this last image was brilliantly created by my comrade Kurt Hettinger for our booth in the Toy Fair in New York last month.



This line was so much fun to create, and I worked very closely with the most creative and knowlegable people in the toy industry. I was blessed to be able to learn so much, and I also thank my dear wife for putting up with all the extra hours I had to put in to get this out in time. She's a god-send.

20 Comments:

Blogger Abbie said...

WOW!! Absolutely fabulous!! What a great line of products!! Excellent colors and design!! As a mother and an avid gardener, these are fantastic!!

9:13 AM  
Blogger roz said...

How cool is that! Congratulations, these are too fun.
Here's to supportive spouses!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

This goes BEYOND cool Garth! Nice job all around- great designs and great artwork. It must be an amazing feeling to see your artwork on all those products-You have come a looong way since those summer days under my parents staircase! Very inspiring my friend!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! that's really cool Garth!

So, is this a project you were contracted to do or is this a line of products that you're creating?

Very cool stuff. Good job!

11:00 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

wow this is so wonderful and fun! I think all kids will want one! maybe even some big kids too!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Kim de Young said...

Congratulations!

11:49 AM  
Blogger IamOSI said...

sweet! designs are freakin awesome.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great line Garth! I always stop and stare at the insect line that Target carries - hope to see yours around the Bay Area soon!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Love these!! Manny's my favorite. I need to get some Manny stuff!

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Splendid stuff!!! I knew you wouldn't disappoint when I heard today's theme.

These are striking, and super cool! Great job!

4:58 PM  
Blogger garth bruner said...

Thanks everyone for the very nice words.

Patrick- I consider those days in the "Under the Stairs Studio" my big break ;)

Dennis- This is my full-time job, I work for Insect Lore out of my home studio in Salt Lake (they're located in Shafter California).

Michael- I hope so too, but maybe at Target.com. We're in a bunch of smaller ma and pa shops, possibly in SF too!

Cindy- He's my favorite as well.

Thanks again everyone!

5:21 PM  
Blogger carla said...

These are all over-the-top awesome! What a great and fun line of products! I'd dig dirt anywhere wearing something like this:>

6:43 AM  
Blogger Anette Heiberg said...

Great! So fun and cute.
www.wynlen.no

9:48 AM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

Great stuff.
love

4:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful... I wish I had a clue how to pursue some of the ideas I come up with!

Hope this takes off liek crazy for you!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool...congratulations!

http://www.choble.com

8:36 AM  
Blogger Zórdís said...

Theses are great. Congratulation on this, so funny and cool!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Saul Iscariot said...

Wow, that's some really cool stuff, congratulations.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Chad Geran said...

Fantastic work!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wated to say, I love your illustrations. Your style is great! Simple and clean. Also. . .Awsome job with the kids yard product!

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home