(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

08 November, 2005

Illustration Friday: Night



While I was sketching this illustration for Illustration Friday this week at the breakfast table, my wife said she could tell which face I was working on just by looking at my face. I think that's why most artists work in solitude.

19 Comments:

Blogger Tony Sarrecchia said...

That's a great illo. I love the expressions on each of the faces.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Catnapping said...

hehehe. i'm scared of the dark, so i don't like hearing ghost stories.

my favorite is the girl on the right. very funny face.

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much character and detail! :) Lovely!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

COOL funny illo!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Mustashrik said...

great expressions, a study of how to do it right! ;)

M

4:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the attention to detail... that's one crispy 'mallow. Ditto mustashrik.

4:11 AM  
Blogger PaintMonster said...

always nice!

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great illustration. I like all the different expressions.
wynlen

5:53 AM  
Blogger maria antunes said...

I'm scared...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!


Great illo! I love the expressions, poor scouts!
:-9

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally love it. Great attention to detail!! The two grabbing onto each other, screaming - it's great.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

Oh this is great. very funny and well illustrated. the girl telling the story is getting some great reactions!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Todd DeWolf said...

Oh geeze- summer camp flash back! Really well done. I too make faces. I thought I was the only one! Cheers!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Excellent use of composition and emotion. It's very well drawn.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work Garth! Love the character designs and the expressions on their faces. I'm sure this guy is innocently going to ask them if they've seen his dog, but anyone would be terrified if he suddenly appeared out of the darkness, especially little girl scouts! This made me laugh.

I've also been told by others that I make funny faces when I draw. Glad to hear that I'm not alone!

10:56 AM  
Blogger LDahl said...

Fatntastic, I LOVE this one... You created a whole story without words and yet all the words are there, you can even guess what the words are to the story the one girl is so gleefully telling... and all of the reactions are SO cool! Well Done, well done!
Oh wow, I like your stuff:))

11:18 AM  
Blogger Tracey Miller said...

Hilarious! Great facial expressions -- you really captured the terror.

4:43 PM  
Blogger carla said...

Wow! If you really made all those faces, your face must have ached when you were finished! This is a fabulous illustration...so full of terror, but funny at the same time.

3:55 PM  
Blogger  said...

Off and on, I've been thinking about you sitting at the table making those faces, and I crack up out of nowhere! ROFL

7:07 PM  
Blogger "Maggie & Kevin" said...

What a terribly funny comment your wife made. After looking at the character's faces, especially the eyes with the liquid, oh and they guy with the axe, was she running scared???

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home