(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

10 September, 2005

Illustration Friday: Roots


I'm late. I guess I've been so preoccupied with work, that I thought this week's Illustration Friday theme was Roots. I finally give my self some time to do this illustration, and I blotch the timing. Oh well, better luck this week.

I wanted to capture the moment when a parent struggles between rage at the mess and the undoubtful disaster in the flower garden, and the desire to show appreciation for the child's thoughtfulness. I've been in this situation too many times, on both sides.

8 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

Hey, it's great! I know how time can get away from you...now get to work on this week's topic:> I'm sure it will be wonderful.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Rowantree said...

Wow, late but wonderful !

9:56 PM  
Blogger Kactiguy said...

Nice take on roots. I like it. Look forward to the next one.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Alison Ashwell said...

I think most parents have BTDT - great idea for roots

9:58 AM  
Blogger Grangry said...

Just happened to me this summer, when Maisie and Joe decided to help by weeding my patio pots!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so cute. I love it.
wynlen

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such great humor and perfect designs in your work, Garth. First time visit! I'll be back for sure. Thanks!

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy this illo too! You capture the child-parent struggle very well. I've been thru' both sides too.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home