(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

03 February, 2006

Illustration Friday: Chair

I was a bit uninspired by this week's Illustration Friday topic "Chair" until I iChatted with my good buddy Patrick Kendall about a magazine that we really got into when we used to hang out together as young teenagers called CARtoons. I've been doodling ideas about a nerdy kid coming up with some contraption that would intimidate his personal bully, and as ideas do, this one, the CARtoons, and "Chair" all mixed together until I came up with this. You can see a larger version by clicking on the illo.

I'd sure like a chair like this for my birthday... vroom vroooooom!

13 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

nice drawing! Would you believe I used to buy CARtoons magazine too when I was a kid? You brought back some memories with that one... I think that was where I learned how to draw cool wheels...

9:34 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

it's funny the way that happens! great idea and love the drawing!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Paige Keiser said...

Hahahaha, great illo! Can I borrow that contraption please?

11:56 PM  
Blogger IamOSI said...

now thats a sweet ride. want me one of those.

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want one!

Great illo. Great idea!

2:21 AM  
Blogger The Unknown said...

HA! Cool! I loved CARtoons mag too.
love

3:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We nerds may not be physical, but we can outthink any bully any day. LOL. I like the style of this, too.

5:17 PM  
Blogger roz said...

hahaha, now THAT is a CHAIR!!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Manar said...

Great idea, love ur work
m.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Garth! I posted a comment on this one yesterday, but blogger must have been, uhhh blogged up or something! Anyway, this is great! I can't believe how fast you created this thing! Fast chair, fast artist! George Trosley would be proud! Now let's go read some Krass & Bernie....

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice fun illustrations!

11:10 AM  
Blogger FRIZZ said...

Great idea! I bet some kids wish it were real!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Queen Tut said...

Love it!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home