(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

09 August, 2004

4th Book Done!

I just finished my 4th book! Yipee! It's a teacher's manual for instructing 1st grade children how to raise butterflies. I've got a transcript for a book on the same topic but for 2nd graders. It's challenging coming up with fresh pictures for the same topics. The children have to look older on each book too (I also did one for kindergarteners).

Insect Lore has been a wonderful company to work with and they like my stuff enough that they asked me to illustrate and design their whole 2005 toy line. This has been a wonderful learning experience. I'm going to be working with my next door neighbor's son, Eric Wilson, who is a brilliant sculptor, to model some of the toys from my concept sketches. We are in the contract/negotiating stage right now, and I hope it all works out. Here's a sample of his work.










The August 2004 People Magazine will be featuring a story on the rings I designed for the 2004 Athens Summer Olympic Games, and my name will be mentioned! Next, the cover of Time! Just kidding.

I just got me a beautiful Apple PowerBook last week. I can't believe how much more productive I am with this thing, now that I'm not glued to the corner of my room or studio to get things done. Heck, I'm writing this while sitting in the bathroom... no, not that... but being a lifeguard over my 16 month old daughter playing in the tub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home